Wednesday, November 19, 2014
CONTEST!!! - Capell Flooring and Interiors is having a contest!
Fill in the blank below to win a Carpet Stain Removal Cleaner Kit! 5 Lucky WINNERS will be announced on Monday December 1st at noon MST, yes Monday after Black Friday.
Like our page and leave a comment(s) with your answer below to be entered into our drawing. Share this contest on your wall to be entered into our drawing twice. This is a local contest only in the Boise Greater Area the prizes will need picked up at our store. No purchase necessary.
Whoever SHARES this page on their wall will also be entered into an additional drawing for a FREE hardwood care kit which includes a mop, 32 oz of hardwood cleaner, dusting pad, touch up markers, and lots of furniture pads.
Go to our Facebook page to enter: CLICK HERE
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
City of Meridian - Cracks the Top 50
We did it! We
cracked the top 50 in two listings rating the best places to live in the U.S.
Money Magazine is no stranger to Idaho, and certainly, to Meridian. The magazine named Meridian to its 2014 list of Top 50 Best Places to Live. This is the fourth time the City of Meridian has received this recognition with a ranking of 49 and is the only city in Idaho to make the list.
The publication alternates ranking cities or towns each year, citing their favorability and “livability” scores. For this year, the criteria included cities with a population between 50,000 and 300,000. The magazine started with a pool of 781 cities, and through research and analytics, shaved the list down to the top 50. Other criteria included: median household income, job growth, housing prices, test scores, crime rates and overall quality of life.
“One of the things I love most about Meridian is the people. We are truly blessed with some
In the story, Meridian was heralded for its “giving” community and strong corporate citizenship model, citing the $25 million dollar gift to develop Kleiner Park, as well as the anonymous gift in 2012 of a food bank. Other attributes contributing to Meridian’s ranking included the varied options for dining, shopping, proximity to a plethora of outdoor recreation venues and the strong economic climate. Two local business entities called out in the article include The Village at Meridian and Scentsy. The complete list available at 2014 Money Magazine Best Places To Live.
To our further delight, another online business publication rated Meridian as the 22nd most desirable place in which to live. For the full article and listing, go to 24/7 Wall Street Most Desirable Places To Live.
And to top off the round of accolades, we’re also in an enviable position of being named the third safest city in Idaho. According to the online real estate blog movoto.com that looks at towns across the state, they started with a list of places in Idaho with populations of 5,000 or more. Crime data was then gathered for each place from the 2012 FBI Uniform Crime Report assessing murders, violent crimes, property crimes and total crimes. To read more about the assessment and listing, go to Safest Idaho Cities.
We should be proud of all of these accomplishments and the recognition that our fine city deserves. What a blessing it is to live in Meridian!
This posted with permission from the City of Meridian - Click Here for the Original Post
Friday, August 29, 2014
Happy Labor Day 2014! Capell Flooring and Interiors
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Capell Flooring and Interiors - Meet Justin Phipps
|Justin Phipps - Capell Flooring and Interiors|
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Boise is a Great Place to Live
|One of our awesome customers rolled in with this truck. Justin and I had to take a picture with it.|
Monday, August 25, 2014
Capell Flooring and Interiors - Meet Matt Capell
Meeting people is one of the great pleasures of my
|Matt Capell - Owner|
In my spare time I really like to be involved with my family that comes first for me, sports, and church responsibilities. I participate in USTA tennis leagues, basketball, weightlifting, and enjoy being a scout/youth leader in the community. Please come and see us at our flooring store in Meridian, Idaho, where we actually care about you as an individual and want to help you make the best possible decisions for your home.
Friday, August 22, 2014
A Positive Plug for Polyester Carpet ~ Capell Flooring and Interiors
|Continuous Filament Carpet Thread in different colors.|
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Have you seen our Capell Flooring YouTube channel?
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Hardwood Refinishing Service - Capell Flooring and Interiors
- Sanding the dull-looking hardwood floors is the typical option for homeowners. Sanding will remove any dings, stains or scratches on the floor and best prepare the hardwood for a new coat of hardwood finish.
- Dustless sanding is another option and the name speaks for itself. While it is not 100 percent dust free, the equipment used in this process doesn't allow as much dust to escape into the room. This is a great option for people with allergies.
- Maintenance coats of hardwood finish can also be used. This is more of a quick fix for those dull floors and won’t last as long as traditional sand and refinish because it doesn't get all the scratches in a floor out. It is still a nice option that costs less.
We know there are a lot of do-it yourselfers out there, but this process should be left to the professionals at Capell Flooring and Interiors. We will get the job done right and in a timely fashion. We take the hassle out of you doing it all on your own. For more information or to set up an appointment contact us at (208) 288-0151 or email us at email@example.com. Capell Flooring and Interiors proudly serves the residents in Boise, Meridian, and the surrounding areas in the Treasure Valley in Idaho, and will be glad to give your hardwood flooring a new look.
Friday, August 8, 2014
Designer Countertops – "Yes, Capell Flooring does those too!"
- Where is the surface going? Your needs will be different depending on where you place your countertop. For example, a kitchen countertop will need to be resilient and easy to clean. You may want to consider granite, which is hard enough to withstand sharp knives and can be sealed to repel stains and bacteria. Many choose porcelain or ceramic for the bathroom because it has a high resistance to moisture. Finished hardwood looks great in entertainment areas where picture frames and decorations will rest on the surface. It is typically a good idea to consider where you are installing your countertop before making any decisions on the material.
- Consider the level of maintenance you want. Copper can be a bold and luxurious look for a kitchen that is rarely used but meant to entertain. However, it will require more maintenance than other choices. Natural stone also requires higher maintenance because it needs to be sealed and protected from oil or acid damage. Ceramic tile can be an affordable but easy to care for material for family homes. It offers a budget friendly solution. The same can be said for laminate counters, which last a decent amount of time and are durable. The colors and choices of laminate counters have improved drastically over the past 5 years as well. Some countertops will need more cleaning than others. Refer to your manufacturer’s information, if you have technical questions or we can point you in the right direction.
- Know your budget. Either save up or plan to spend based on what you have to spend now. That is the easiest way to pay for any home renovation without stress! Our quotes are always accurate and can help you plan better.
Friday, August 1, 2014
Vinyl Flooring – “It is not your grandmother’s vinyl floor of years past”
- A Softer Surface: People who walk across vinyl for the first time often remark, “It’s softer than I thought it would be.” The springy feeling that resilient flooring has may help with joint and back aches compared to harder surfaces such as hardwood or tile. Most hard surfaced floor types are durable, but they can be uncomfortable. This includes hardwood and ceramic tile. Soft surface flooring like carpet is more comfortable, but less durable. Vinyl is a happy medium with some level of softness and shock absorption plus durability.
- Easier Cleaning: You can spend less time scrubbing, shampooing, and polishing. This low maintenance flooring option stays clean. It does not stain or absorb bad odors from food, smoke, and pets. Scratches are rare, and tight seams will not collect dirt or bacteria. You can use a dust mop, broom, or lightly dampened cloth to clean your vinyl flooring. You can save money over time by skipping the professional cleaning services needed for other floors, too.
- Safety and Strength: Vinyl is considered a safer option for a number of reasons. The softer surface provides extra protection for falls or dropped items around the house. It does not ignite when it comes into contact with fire. It will not release dangerous chemicals or require harsh cleaners. This floor can resist water and heat well. It will stand up to harsh UV rays and won’t swell with changing temperatures or moisture, and more!
Friday, July 25, 2014
Beautiful Tile Flooring – Capell Flooring and Interiors
|Capell Flooring and Interiors - Tile Room|
- Affordable: Tile is one of the most affordable choices on the market long term. The maintenance cost is lower than with hardwood or carpet. It lasts for years when properly cared for, so it ends up paying for itself in the future.
- Fast to Install: If you want a quick fix for the bathroom, kitchen, or other rooms in your home, tile is a great choice. The installation tends to be quick because it doesn’t require extensive work. There is no sanding, shampooing or settling involved. There is little chemical residue or dust to worry about. This is one of the easiest materials to place.
- Durable: There isn’t much that can damage tile! It resists both heat and cold. There is no worrying about swelling because it blocks out moisture. It does not lose its shape even after many years of foot traffic. There is no need to worry about children or pets staining and it is harder to scratch tile than hardwood.
- Easy to Clean: Maintenance is simple with tile. You don’t need more than a steam mop or mild detergent and mop to keep the surface sterile. You can pick up dust and dirt with a broom. Allergens like pet dander and pollen don’t stick to tile, so it’s great for families with allergies. It also keeps odors at a minimum and does not promote mold or mildew. Tile is one of the cleanest and easiest choices available.
- Many Options: There are almost as many styles of tile as there are types of people out there! You can find hundreds of color combinations, textures, and materials. We carry natural stone, porcelain, and ceramic. Each has their own look and feel. You can even mix and match tiles to create patterns on the floor.
- Works In Many Rooms: Tile is just as good for your living room and bedroom as it is for the bathroom and kitchen. Its durability makes it an easy fit just about anywhere in the home. The many styles it comes it makes it easy to adapt to an existing or new design.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Thank you to all our Wonderful Customers – Capell Flooring and Interiors
Thursday, July 17, 2014
What exactly is Laminate Wood and is it a good flooring option?
Laminate flooring offers many of the same benefits as hardwood does. For example, it is a hard surface floor covering. This means that it won’t absorb odors and dirt like carpet tends to. This can make cleaning a lot easier when it comes to day to day maintenance. Stains are resisted by the durable, laminated surface of the floor. It is also more resistant to moisture that might collect in bathrooms and kitchens. The top layer of laminate planks is durable enough to stand up to scratching and buffing from high foot traffic as well. (It can scratch though, so you need to still be careful.) This is a floor that can handle everyday use.
Another great benefit of laminate flooring is that it is easy to install. Installation for hardwood typically takes a while because there are many steps involved. For example, hardwood needs to be left in the room it is installed in for up to 48-72 hours to adjust to the moisture of the air and to acclimate. This prevents swelling and lifting that can occur after it is placed. Laminate wood does not normally need to adjust and can be installed right away. The tongue and groove system is often used on laminate planks for convenience. This glue less method makes installation easy by allowing homeowners or installers to simply click the planks together. The planks are also shorter than hardwood planks which makes laminate easier to transport and to fit in tight corners.
The most obvious benefit of this floor covering is its economical price. Hardwood can cost thousands of dollars even after it is installed due to the need for occasional sanding and refinishing. Damages, which are more common in busy homes, can lead to expensive replacement. Laminate wood flooring has a higher resistance to scratches and water damage, so replacements are few and far in between. The planks can be un-clicked and lifted in the event of a damaged spot, making the replacement possible. This is the perfect option for a homeowner who wants convenience and great design at a fraction of the price!
Getting the beautiful look of hardwood doesn't need to cost more than necessary, and laminate wood is a great option. Enjoy the added benefit and fine design of quality laminate flooring from Capell Flooring and Interiors. Call us to get a measure and quote today. Find our store near you in Meridian, Idaho, or call (208) 288-0151 to learn more about our products and services today.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Hardwood Floors, Styles, and Trends – Capell Flooring and Interiors
So you want hardwood floors in your home? The big question is where do you start? Unfortunately, you can’t just throw the hardwood down and call it a day. It can be a difficult process from beginning to end, so let the professionals at Capell Flooring and Interiors help you find the right flooring and install it properly.
Once you decide that hardwood flooring is what you want, you can check the first step off your list. The next part of the process is figuring out what style of wood flooring you want. Hardwood comes in three main styles: strip flooring, plank flooring and parquet flooring.
*Strip flooring is normally 3 inches wide or less, which creates a linear effect in a room. This style of wood flooring is considered the “Traditional Hardwood” flooring. Strip flooring also makes the room it is installed in appear larger than it actually is. This is great for small rooms or apartments to give the impression of having a larger space.
*Parquet flooring comes in a variety of sizes and normally gives a room a non-linear appearance. It can come in complex or simple designs. This leads to a lot of creativity for the installer and interior designer.
*Plank flooring is wider than strip flooring, but also gives a room a linear look to it. This type of hardwood makes the room feel casual and comfortable.
Once you figure what style of flooring you want, the tough decision of what kind of hardwood you want to purchase and install comes next. Hardwood comes in a variety of choices -- from color to hardness -- it can be a difficult decision to make. Depending on the decor in your home, certain wood species probably won’t be a good fit right off the bat.
Some of the common species of hardwood are: hickory, oak, cherry, maple, and walnut. Of these hickory is the hardest and cherry is the softest. The harder the wood, the better it can withstand wear and tear of a busy family or office. In this example, hickory would be a better flooring option over elm for a household with a lot of foot traffic. (See our Janka scale blog for more details.)
Hardwood flooring can be refinished. Consumers have the choice of engineered and solid hardwood flooring. Engineered hardwood can only be refinished a certain amount of times and has limitations. On the other hand, solid hardwood can be refinished multiple times. The choice between these two types of wood will most likely be decided by the location of where the flooring is to be installed and what your preferences are with the wood flooring.
Something else to consider when choosing the type of hardwood flooring is the edging. Hardwood comes in two types of edging: squared or beveled.
*Squared edges create a uniform, smooth surface. This blends one board to another giving an overall look of contemporary.
*Beveled edges have a noticeable groove in the boards. Despite sounding like a dirt magnet, these beveled edges come completely sealed from the factory, which makes it easy to sweep and vacuum out the grooves.
Some manufacturers make flooring that is slightly beveled. This gives consumers more options and a different look with the wood.
Capell Flooring and Interiors staff will be able to help you decide which edging best fits your needs. There are definitely a lot of things to consider when picking out flooring. If hardwood is the best for you, Capell Flooring and Interiors will install it and get you back to relaxing in your living room or cooking in that kitchen as fast as we can. Households in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Eagle can get the process started today by browsing through our website for ideas or our inspirational photo gallery. If you find something you like stop by our showroom in Meridian and let one of our friendly staff members assist you in your search for new hardwood flooring.
Friday, July 4, 2014
Why We Love Carpet? ~ Capell Flooring and Interiors
Carpet is popular for a variety of reasons. Between the great value compared to other flooring and the long-Carpet is generally recommended for rooms that have little or no contact with moisture. Some of the most common spaces for carpet include bedrooms, playrooms and living rooms.
Interior designers will find that carpet is one of the best tools when it comes to creating a beautiful decor. There are hundreds of colors and patterns to match different styles and price points. Texture also plays a key role in the way that carpet can fit a room’s design. Shag has a laid back look that can work with vintage or modern styles. Wool carpeting is an elegant choice for bedrooms. A frieze pile carpet in a bold color looks great in dens and home offices. The design possibilities are almost infinite. You can even find “green” carpeting for the environmentally conscious homeowner. This kind of carpet is made from recycled materials or natural fibers, like jute grass.
Caring for your new carpet floors is simple. A weekly pass with the vacuum can help keep dirt from being ground too deeply into the fibers. It can also pick up any pollen, dander, or dust that has been trapped in the carpet’s surface to make breathing indoors easier. It is recommended that you clean your carpet at a minimum every 12 to 18 months to get any dirt that has been left behind or sunk too deep into the fibers. This can also be an easy solution for stains or odors that might linger. Some carpets are treated with stain resistant chemicals. These varieties of carpet can help make cleanings easier and extend the life of your floors.
Installation for this floor covering is also simple. Carpet can come in tiles or in 12 ft roll goods. Rolls need to be cut before installation and it is best to look at it as one large sewing project. Carpet tiles can simply be placed like a grid in the room of your choice and are commonly used in commercial applications. A proper high quality pad is recommended to go underneath the carpet flooring for added comfort and protection from scraping and moisture from the sub-floors. A good carpet pad just makes your carpet feel better and is worth the extra investment. The flooring experts at Capell Flooring and Interiors will help you through this process and make the transition to your new carpeting as smooth as possible. You should take the exposure to sunlight and amount of foot traffic into account prior to installation to decide where the best places to use carpet are as well.
Ordering your new carpet flooring is easy with Capell Flooring and Interiors. Shop carpet online or visit our showroom in the Meridian, Idaho and surrounding areas. Improve your home today with quality carpet products and installation.