Monday, January 22, 2018

A Fun Activity You Can Do at Home….. Clementine Candles



A few years back, I lived in France for a couple of years.  While in the southern town of Montauban, France, I became friends with the Tapie’s.  They were a great family and a lot of fun, and they showed me a lot of fun things while there.  I think it is fun and ironic that their last name means “Carpets” in French.  Maybe it was subliminal thing to me from my carpet and flooring experience with our family business Capell Flooring andInteriors.  ;)  One night while I was at their home, they asked me if I had ever seen a Clementine Candle. I had not at that point, and of course I was interested.  So they proceeded to grab one out of the fridge and show me how it was done



  1. Step 1: Cut the tangerine/clementine. Cut through the skin of the tangerine around the circumference……in a circular motion ...
  2. Step 2: Peel the tangerine/clementine. CAREFULLY peel the skin off of the top of the tangerine first. ...
  3. Step 3: Eat the segments! .........This is necessary step – they taste delicious when in season
  4. Step 4: Cut a hole in the non-stem half of the tangerine. ...
  5. Step 5: Add olive oil to the stem and soak the stem at the bottom of the peel that forms a little bowl essentially...
  6. Step 6: Light your candle!
  7. Step 7: Enjoy the fragrance that these little candles put off because they smell great.
I will always remember to this day how much fun that was that night learning about Clementine Candles.  I have now for years shown this to my family and friends, but I decided this week that I needed to share this with my friends from Capell Flooring andInteriors on my blog.  We are all about flooring, homes, design, and giving practical tips to our readers. 
Here is a quick video showing you in a little more detail how to make your own, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment