Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I would like the hardwood floor that does not scratch……

I would like the hardwood floor that does not scratch……

From time to time at my store, Capell Flooring and Interiors, we get asked for the hardwood flooring that does not scratch.  The first time I heard this I had to smile just a little bit.  I thought that would be a good topic to tackle briefly today in today’s blog.  This confusion can be traced back to misleading advertising from some box stores in past years where many times the fine print didn’t even match the warranty they were advertising. 
   
There are definitely hardwoods that are less likely to scratch because they are just harder hardwoods.  (See my previous Janka scale post for more info there) There are also better hardwood finishes which are stronger and provide better protection than others which again helps.  Although both of these are helpful, they definitely don’t make anything scratch proof.

Here is something to think about:  Even stainless steel, which is extremely hard and a lot harder than hardwood, will scratch. (See hardwood gallery here) Take a quick peek at your kitchen sink and you will see what I mean J  Those that know me well, know I like to keep things light hearted at times.  That being said, the only floor that I think is completely “scratch proof” is the more traditional dirt floor of years past.  You can sweep out scratches in the dirt floor, and they will go away, but I think I would rather stick with hardwood floors and run the risk of getting scratches in them.

Here at Capell Flooring and Interiors, we have many hardwood floors to choose from, and we sand and refinish floors all the time.  Please come in and see us and we will help you get a beautiful hardwood floor that may not be “scratch proof,” but we can help with making it scratch resistant.  If you happen to get a scratch try one of these pens they should help.  Click Here

Thanks for reading,

Matt Capell

About Matt Capell – he is the primary owner of Capell Flooring and Interiors in the Boise, Idaho, and the surrounding area. He loves family, flooring, business, and meeting people. His company educates about flooring and the Treasure Valley and his company makes the floor covering process a fun and great experience each and every time.  You can download his FREE Consumer's Guide To Flooring by clicking here.  Feel free to connect with me! Let’s get social!

Email | | LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment